GRETSCH G6131-MY-RB Limited Edition Malcolm Young Signature Jet Ebony Fingerboard, Vintage Firebird Red 2411916845 SERIAL NUMBER JT22041584 - 7.6 LBS
IN STOCK - SERIAL NUMBER JT22041584 - 7.6 LBS
BRAND NEW - ACTUAL PICTURES
Malcolm Young’s fiery rock ‘n’ roll spirit lives on through AC/DC’s enduringly timeless music, and it is Gretsch’s great privilege to pay tribute to the groundbreaking rhythm guitarist with the all-new G6131G-MY-RB Limited Malcolm Young Signature Jet™ in Vintage Firebird Red.
Nicknamed “The Beast,” Young used this Firebird Red iteration of the guitar in early AC/DC performances and music videos including “It’s a Long Way to The Top,” before eventually making his own mods and stripping the paint job.
To recreate Young’s earliest days with the instrument, the G6131G-MY-RB signature model comes equipped with TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity Filter’Tron bridge and neck pickups that replicate the unmistakable vintage Gretsch voicing, along with an added TV Jones Starwood humbucker in the middle for clear and punchy tone.
Built to rattle foundations in true Malcolm fashion, the G6131G-MY-RB Limited Malcolm Young Signature Jet also features a lightly aged finish, 12”-radius bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets (plus zero fret), aged pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays, bone nut, harmonica-style Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with pinned ebony base, ‘60s Jet vibrato tailpiece, Schaller® die-cast tuners, black pickguard, G-arrow control knobs and aged gold hardware.
- 2”-deep double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with maple top
- TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity bridge, TV Jones® Starwood humbucker middle and TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity neck pickups
- Individual pickup volume controls, master volume, three-position pickup toggle switch, three-position tone switch and three-position standby switch
- Harmonica-style Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with pinned ebony base
- Available in an aged Vintage Firebird Red finish with black pickguard and aged gold hardware