Shure GLXD24/B87A-Z2 Wireless Handheld System with BETA87A Microphone
The GLXD24/SM58 Handheld Wireless System from Shure includes a GLXD4 wireless receiver and a GLXD2 handheld transmitter with an SM58 microphone element. The system operates on the 2.4GHz ISM band in the Z2 frequency band between 2400 and 2483.5MHz.
Both the GLXD2 transmitter and the GLXD4 receiver feature Shure's LINKFREQ automatic frequency management that allows them to scan for the clearest frequency available and automatically link to each other without any setup required from you besides turning both units on. With their continuous interference monitoring, both the transmitter and receiver automatically switch to the clearest frequencies available to avoid interference and dropouts.
The GLXD2 includes a rechargeable battery pack that provides up to 16 hours of operation on a full charge. It can be charged right in the GLXD4 receiver thanks to its integrated transmitter battery charging station. The system has a 200' range of operation and can be used with 7 other GLX-D systems simultaneously
GLXD2 Transmitter (with Beta87A capsule)
The Shure Beta87A is a cardioid condenser microphone with a neodymium element. For an experienced vocalist, this microphone presents a world of possibilities. Its proximity effect is not as dramatic as common dynamic microphones, allowing a singer with some technique and projection to work mic distance to great effect.It has a strong presence peak for great intelligibilty, and also features rugged construction for reliability. Even the five-layer windscreen is a marvel in manufacturing. It is housed in the rugged GLXD2 transmitter, and features a tactile on and off switch, and a sophisticated design with durable, lightweight construction. It comes with one SB902 lithium-ion battery.
GLXD4 Single Channel Receiver features a high-resolution LCD screen status, real-time battery run-time displayed in hours and minutes (accurate within 15 minutes), and a remote adjustable transmitter gain control. It also hasan Integrated battery charge port for proprietary Shure lithium-ion transmitter batteries, and a two-color charge indicator LED. Never let your wireless system surprise you with a failure again. It works with up to eight compatible systems (environment dependent), and has pro connectivity, including XLR and ¼" output connectors. It is lightweight, durable and sounds fantastic.
Shure GLX-D Digital Wireless Systems feature intelligent technology and smart power options that put reliable, professional-caliber digital sound in the hands of performers everywhere. Built to handle the rigors of any stage, and available in a variety of configurations, it's a revolution in wireless freedom.
LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management
GLX-D Digital Wireless Systems feature LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management, making seamless, crystal-clear audio easy and reliable.
GLX-D Rechargeable Power Management
GLX-D transmitters feature best-in-class lithium-ion batteries that quickly recharge using the charging port on the receiver, or a variety of optional USB connectors. Getting ready for the show has never been simpler.
- Condenser capsule
- Great sound
- Reasonable price
- Digital clarity
- Rugged build quality
- Automatically links with GLX-D wireless receivers for seamless frequency changing and any necessary gain adjustment
- Up to 16 hours of continuous use with Shure proprietary lithium ion rechargeable batteries
- Multiple USB charging options
- Indoors: Up to 100 feet (30m) typical, with a maximum of 200 feet (60m)
- Outdoors: Up to 65 feet (20m) typical, with a maximum of 165 feet (50m) under ideal conditions
- Lightweight and rugged construction (GLXD2)
- All-metal construction (GLXD1 only)
- Two-color transmitter status indicator LED
- Proprietary Automatic Frequency Management - Intelligent frequency management quickly identifies the best open channels.
- 2.4 GHz frequency band allows operation of up to 8 compatible systems
- High-resolution LCD screen
- Real-time battery run-time displayed in hours and minutes (accurate within +/- 15 minutes)
- Remote adjustable transmitter gain control
- Integrated battery charge port for proprietary Shure lithium-ion transmitter batteries
- XLR and ¼" output connectors
- Lightweight, durable construction