KRK KRK12S2 12 inch Studio Subwoofer 120V
KRK 12s Overview
The KRK12s powered subwoofer is the perfect complement to KRK VXT series, KRK ROKIT series, or any other 6"-10" studio monitor. The KRK12s is designed to extend the response of an existing monitor system so that the low-frequency portion of the mix can be engineered. The KRK12s features the powerful accurate and low distortion sound that is the hallmark of all KRK monitor systems.
An efficient and low distortion 225-watt amplifier makes the KRK12s perfect for project and professional studio applications that require increased signal pressure. The front-firing bass port and KRK's light weight and high strength Kevlar woofer ensure a dynamic low-end punch. The KRK 12s has extensive bass management utilizing a full phase adjust and reverse, LFE input capability, Internal and defeatable Limiter, and both balanced and unbalanced inputs. In addition the subwoofer has an internal crossover which can be switched in and out of the path when muting the sub which allows full range material to be compared with and without subsonic content. A sturdy grill protects the driver cone and adds to the sleek appearance of the unit.
While subsonic frequencies are heavily implemented in some musical genres, all studios benefit from the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas - production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately.
For decades, KRK subwoofers have been the choice for high definition low frequency monitoring including some of the most prestigious studios across the world. Now, the KRK12s provides a larger low frequency driver for enhanced performance that is within the budget of even the most modest home, or project studio. Whether you are mixing in any surround environment (up to 10.2) or just looking to upgrade the low frequency extension of your existing stereo monitors, the KRK12s is designed to meet the task.
This performance is brought to you by drivers, enclosures and technology which is custom-designed by our world-class studio monitor engineering team.
KRK 12s Features
- Curved Baffle Curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port provides low frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling and the unique shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence
- Bypass Footswitch Control allows you to defeat the sub and provide full range audio to your recording monitors for use with a standard latching inch mono footswitch
- Kevlar 12" Driver -High Excursion woven Kevlar driver cone
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage
- Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
- Metal Grill is standard to protect the driver from damage
KRK 12s Technical Specifications
- Configuration:Front loaded, vented subwoofer
- System type:Active Subwoofer
- Low-Frequency:12" glass aramid composite woofer, 2.5" VC
- Frequency Response:29Hz - 97Hz
- Max Peak SPL:119.9 dB
- Amplifier Class:Class D
- Power Output:240 Watts Continuous @ 1% THD+N @ 100Hz
- SNR (signal to Noise Ratio):102dB
- Amplifier Distortion (THD+N):≤ 0.1% @-3dB of Max Power Output 20Hz - 200Hz
- Input Impedance (Ohms):10 kΩ Balanced or unbalanced
- Ground Lift:On / Off
- Low Pass Frequency:55Hz to 170Hz
- HPF bypass:with footswitch only
- Phase:0 or 180 degrees
- System Volume:-30dB to +6dB
- Indicators:Power/Standby (rear indicator) and Sub On/Mute, HPF bypass (front indicator)
- XLR Left/Right, 1/4" TRS Left/Right, RCA Left/Right, 1/4" footswitch
- LFE input:balanced TRS
- XLR Left/Right, 1/4" TRS Left/Right, RCA Left/Right
- AC Power Input:Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V
- Enclosure Construction:18mm reinforced MDF
- Finish:Black Vinyl Wrap
- Port Configuration:Front firing slot port
- Grille:Metal Mesh
- Dimensions (H x W x D):18.11" (460mm) x 15.94" (405mm) x 22.64" (575mm)
- Weight:66.5 Lbs. (30.1 Kg.)