Presonus Hybrid Point Source, Line Array Constant Directivity Loudspeaker
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results to '-Infinity'%
The PreSonus® CDL12 is the result of years of research and development, combining the best attributes of point source and line array technology into a unique patent-pending design. Based on the Constant-Directivity Two-Way Loudspeaker System design presented at the 143rd AES Convention in New York by Hugh Sarvis and Don Keele, the CDL12 radiates a highly focused pattern with consistent SPL throughout the frequency response range, both on- and off-axis. The result is clear, articulate speech intelligibility and natural music reproduction. A unique look with a unique result Each CDL12 consists of eight 2-inch drivers aligned in a segmented circular-arc high-frequency array centered in front of a 12-inch woofer. The output of the low-frequency driver travels from the same acoustic axis as the high-frequency array so that the pattern always radiates from the center of the CDL12. This is true whether the CDL12 is used individually on a tripod speaker stand or as part of an acoustically coupled vertical array with up to six enclosures. Because of this, the CDL12 avoids the near-field anomalies that can interfere with the sound quality of a traditional line array. This makes the CDL12 ideally suited for a broader range of venue sizes, creating a far-field response almost immediately as the sound is projected from the center of the enclosure.
- Each CDL12 consists of eight 2-inch drivers aligned in a segmented circular-arc high-frequency array centered in front of a 12-inch woofer creating a focused pattern that always radiates from the center, whether used individually or in a vertical array.
- Hybrid point source/line array design delivers focused sound with consistent SPL coverage both on- and off-axis.
- Dante™ networking capability provides easy integration into established audio networks.
- Integrated PDA-1000 amplifier provides 2000W of peak power.
- Onboard DSP can be remotely controlled via Worx Control software for system optimization, EQ, and speaker grouping. Presets are provided for quick configuration of up to six CDL12 loudspeakers in a vertical array.
- Integrated pin-loaded rigging hardware provides simple connection to other CDL-series enclosures and CDL Rigging Grid (sold separately). Dual angle pole socket provides flexible aiming for pole-mount applications.